Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Using Bloglines in my class

Last year, I used a combination of Blogger and Netvibes with my classes: blogger for blogging and netvibes for RSS feeds so students could see what they their classmates were writing. This year, I was considering switching to Elgg, because it seems so intuitive and clean, and most importantly combined blogging with RSS feeds. However, I couldn't quite figure out how to get the RSS to work right. The subscription was "successful," but I didn't see any posts. So, for now, I've decided to go with Bloglines, which combines the two functions I'm interested in. Because my students are using Bloglines, I need to do so, too, to understand better what problems they might run into. Now, I need to decide what sorts of posts I'll put here  as opposed to there. And what will I do with my other blogger account. Hmm. Well, I'll wait until they update Blogger and see what happens. Perhaps it will be better than Bloglines.

1 comments:

Wilma said...

Excellent resources!
Thank you, Wilma V.